Sunday, September 21, 2008

Travels September 8 through September 16, 2008

Link to Photos:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=4eljvdex.1q7etnj5&x=0&y=-abyi57&localeid=en_US

September 10 dinner at Cabbage and Condoms with Jamie, Kathy, Ailly, Alison and myself: We ate beef in oyster sauce, seafood hot plate, steamed fish, chicken patte, minced onion and chicken in a purple gel, steamed vegetables, cucumbers in vinegar, chicken wings, sesame pork, and tofu curry.

September 11 dinner at Suan Bua with Tana, Tom, Ailly, Kathy and myself: We ate pineapple chicken, pork rinds and flowers, fried pork, steamed vegetables, mango, prawn spring rolls, fried rice, shrimp, seafood pot, and my placemat was clean after my meal.

Before dinner Kathy and I went to Tana's place for some appetizers and to visit. I took pictures of Rasa Tower (work building) as their place is parallel. The Supalai view's are of work and the busy street we cross everyday to come to work.

September 13 Environmental Work Day and Chatuchak Market and dinner at Toh-Plue Restaurant: The environmental work day consisted of constructing PVC tubes to create an assembly for coral. The office will make 40 PVC assemblies to replant coral the weekend of September 27. This was a dirty job but we had fun as you can tell by the pics. In the afternoon, Ailly, Pikoon and myself went for some shopping at Chatuchak Market- where we avoided the rain. If you take a close look at a couple of the pics you will see when it rains the market gets flooded. Then we ate dinner at Toh-Plue Restaurant; we ate chili crab, steamed vegetables, spring rolls and seafood curry in a coconut.

September 14 Bungsamaran: A group of us left Sunday morning to go fishing at a catfish pond/lake. We rented a large bungalow for the day. It was a rather plush bungalow as well with a couch, 2 air conditioned bedrooms, private toilet, fridge, etc.. We hired a fishing guide who helped with the bait and casting. I was the first one who caught a fish but I believe Dan caught the largest one. We shopped at the bait shop and even managed a game of pool. By the end of the day we were all exhausted and sore the next few days.

Septemebr 16 dinner at MK Restaurant: Ailly and I went to eat to avoid the rain after work. We went to MK which has a hot pot on the table where you cook your food. We ate fish tofu, marinated beef, fish, shrimp, green noodles, cabbage, and baby corn. You cooked everything in a broth and then had some dipping sauce you could mix on the side. I also took some pictures at the BTS to show the heavy rain which is unusual to continue so long.

There are a couple of misc pictures of the guard outside of my hotel who grabs a taxi for me in the morning.

More Photos:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=4eljvdex.978250tt&x=0&y=-1ju89q&localeid=en_US

No comments: