Monday, August 25, 2008

Travels August 15 through August 24, 2008

Kathy's birthday was August 16 so we celebrated friday by eating at a Japanese buffet. On Saturday we went to the Hard Rock Cafe to meet before dinner. Vishal, Mark and Jamie, Ailly, Kathy and myself all went to dinner at Steaks and more where we tried New Zealand type food. I had a New Zealand Ribeye which was very good. This was located at Central World Mall, they had a lot of environmental displays to walk by on the way to dessert. Kathy wanted some icecream so we went to McD's. Mark decided his "large" Mcflurry wasn't so large and also got two icecream cones. After that Mark, Jamie, Kathy and myself went to Soi 8 where they had a live band. The waitress sang Happy Birthday. We stopped and fed an elephant on the way.



On Thursday Aug 21 I went to Huntsman Pub with Tom (office manager) his wife Tana and a couple of their neighbors Dicky and Paul. They had a live band with three girls that sang for entertainment. We are the Champions was a hit along with RESPECT by Aretha Franklin. Tom got a little crazy with the girls. The food was great, I had chicken in a basket and we all shared tastes of the other foods, for desert there was green apple crumbles. I was overstuffed.



The next day we went to Jamie McDermotts for dinner. Her nanny Agnes made us several dishes to try, she is from the Philippines. Alison Mcmenemie (Dave's (C&P) wife), Kathy, Ailly, and myself rode together to the house. We had a great time to visit about past experiences.



Saturday afternoon, Kathy and myself went to Ailly Liu's place to visit and swim. We enjoyed a nice relaxing afternoon by the pool and in the sauna. Ailly also made a chinese desert for us that involved dates and brown sugar stewed with other items. She lives across from the horsetrack so we were able to see some of the races from a distance. After swimming we cleaned up and went to Roadhouse BBQ to meet others from work. Tom and Tana, Shannon Adams and his wife, Don Sullivan and his wife, Ailly, Kathy, Chris Bennett, and myself. I had beef brisket which was very good along with garlic corn and a piece of cornbread. There was also a lady and man singing classic style music. After dinner most of us took the MRT to the Suan-Lum Night Bazaar Market. Kathy and I stayed the longest trying to buy souvenirs. It was very hot and crowded. We left about 11 pm because we needed to get up early to go to the floating market Sunday morning.



Kathy, Ailly and I met up with:

Parintorn Ratnaratorn (Tree)
Pranee Janjirapiwat (Aw)
Sujitra Suttithum (Ta)
Potjanee Vongkruemake
Chantita Rattanatassanee (Chanti)

I will write more later, here is a link to my photo's:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=4eljvdex.cj0mx14x&x=0&y=-337b5k&localeid=en_US

No comments: